Sunday, September 23, 2007

Final Note About Friday Night's Football Game

This was something I found on the Enquirer Sports Blog written by the reporter who gave SK no chance. Coach Marksberry's comments are right on:

One final note from Simon Kenton ...
I knew I had it coming. I, like pretty much everyone else in Northern Kentucky, picked Ryle to beat Simon Kenton. And I heard about that tonight ... a lot.But like I told one SK assistant, "If everyone thought you guys were going to win, would this be as special?"He agreed, probably not.But it was a special night in Independence.I went into the celebratory locker room to find SK coach Jeff Marksberry (great guy by the way). He said, "let's talk outside, where it's quiet." Problem was, the entire SK fan base was waiting outside the door. And it wasn't quiet. So we slipped out the back."I think when you've got a group of kids that hang in there and do everything you ask them to do, you can do great things," Marksberry said. "That's what happened tonight."Amen.

A couple of more pics.....

Coach
DSC_1365

Nathan
DSC_1319

Grant pulling in the ball.
DSC_1339

Tyler
DSC_1308

No comments:

Post a Comment