SK comes out on top by a final score of 48-18, carried by a
good showing by the seniors. A good
crowd also showed up to support the team.
Congrats to the entire team and best of luck to these seniors. I’m really looking forward to the rest of
your season. It should be an exciting
finish.
Noticeably absent from tonight’s match and festivities was
Head Coach Nathan Gilbert. Coach Gilbert
was suspended for a month for violating district policy regarding
transportation. I don’t know all the
details so I won’t debate whether the punishment was appropriate or why it was
or wasn’t fair. I do know Coach Gilbert
takes responsibility for his actions, which is certainly not a surprise if you
know this man.
Even though he was suspended as coach, I was surprised that
he wasn’t in attendance for tonight’s senior festivities. I was told by a couple of the parents that he
wasn’t permitted to be in the gym. That’s
too bad as it really only hurts the kids that he has positively impacted in his
years as coach. The one thing that I do
know is this teacher and coach has made a TREMENDOUS impact on the kids in the
classroom and sports field at SK. He’s
the kind of teacher and coach we need in our schools. I best describe him as an investor in SK
students and athletes. I thank him for investing
in our school and more importantly my kids and the positive impact he’s made on
them.
I know his athletes are looking forward to Coach Gilbert’s return
to the team later this month. Even
though the night was about the kids, seniors and the match, the coolest thing
might have been Coach Gilbert’s wife sitting on the front row at the Joe
supporting the kids her husband cares about so much. I’m sure Coach was probably at home tonight wrestling
3 young-ins but I’m sure he’s looking forward to getting back to his team. Matthew 5:10
You are very welcome Mr. Parrot.