I got to the field at with just over 20 minutes to go in the game when I heard the call of GOAL for SK. I passed through the gate, looked up at the scoreboard and saw that it was the only goal of the game. That goal was scored by Aris Kuntz from an assist from Christina Cook.
What I saw on the field was amazing. The SK team didn’t look like the same team of the last few games. That’s definitely an overused sports phrase but I was amazed. The girls challenged every possession, worked the ball and played solid soccer for the win. They did get outshot for the game but Natalie Meyer kept the Crusaders off the scoreboard. They put the entire package together and let the cat out of the bag about how good they can play. Keep it up!
Kassidy Abel wins the ball but gets the infraction call.
Christina Cook got some good pressure on St. Henry and shows that she may be one of the fastest soccer players in Northern KY.
Check out the bench. This was shot with under a minute to go.