Saturday, September 12, 2009

Homecoming Game Recap

Homecoming game tonight at Meneffee Stadium versus Shroder Paideia from Cincinnati. Never heard of Shroder? Me neither until I looked at the schedule this summer. Shroder Paideia is a small magnate college prep school. The Greek term “Paideia” (pie-deeuh) comes from the writings of Mortimer Adler. The word translates as referring to the positive and mature development of the total person: intellectually, emotionally and physically. OK, got it.

Another beautiful night for football as the community came out in force for the annual homecoming event, which seemed to fall on the calendar a bit earlier than usual. I usually think about what I am going to blog here as I am taking pictures and driving home. As I thought about tonight, only one thing popped in my head; the cheerleaders did a lot of push-ups.

The game was kind of strange. SK took a commanding lead in the first half by jumping out to a 42-6 margin. After half-time and the introduction of all of the homecoming candidates, SK came back out on defense and was simply flat. I was actually expecting the SK 2nd team but Schroder came out and marched down the field in about 5 plays for the TD. The Jaguars kept the momentum going and scored another third quarter touchdown drawing with a score of 42-21, a score that would hold up through the third-not the kind of momentum the coaching staff was looking for. The coaches tried to give some guys some rest but it was short lived as Shroder gained all the mo out of halftime. SK got an early TD in the fourth on a long pass play from Chad Lawrence to Zach Carroll which took some pressure off of the Eers. SK would get another score for the final of 56-21. The Pioneers move out to 3-0 on the season.

Here are tonight's pics................

A welcome sight... Matt Reilly with a couple of nice receptions.
DSC_1899

Chad on the keeper.
DSC_1870

Haven't I seen this pose someplace else before?
DSC_2243

Facemask call went against #44.
DSC_1917

Miles carrying off into the sunset.
DSC_1951

The Repka boys were kinda busy.
DSC_1957
DSC_1993

Hands in the grill.
DSC_2223

Name the first movie that pops in your mind...
DSC_2032

Courtney and Miles
DSC_2126