Honest to goodness, I woke up this morning and asked myself if SK really won? I can’t imagine how excited the players, coaches and parents of the program are.
It couldn’t have been as cold on Cinderella's big night as it was last night but did you hear anybody complain?
How about virtually none of the SK kids wearing long sleeves. Though not nearly as cold, reminds me of what the Bengals did to San Diego in the Freezer Bowl;
How many times did 26 tackle number 30; after I looked at my pics, I was surprised. Miles got hit harder than he did all year after catching a screen across the middle. No biggie, he got right up. Likewise with AB, he got tagged on a block and was a little slow to get up.
SK dropped a couple of interceptions that might have made the score even a wider margin;
I estimated the SK crowd at 3 times the Male size. Look at the pictures and see what you think, kind of sad really;
There is an old adage of act like you have been there; what does that mean when you haven’t? Are fans supposed to tailgate at the Pizza Box? If somebody would pass the guide as to how we fans are supposed to act in a state final, I will post it.
Do the SK boys like playing in the cold weather? Really?
The all white uniforms have worked every week;
The three players in one of the pics below don’t move from their spot; they are convinced it is good luck;
Did you know Matt Neal is often out on the field without his cleats being tied? I don't know how he does it. Will there be anything left of his helmet or uniform by the time the year is over? Pound for pound, he has to be one of the strongest kids in KY football.
Ironically, SK’s theme for the season was 212 degrees, was that a misprint that should have said 21 that was the game temp at kick-off in two of their playoff games?
The SK Alumni Association had a reunion this past summer for all of the classes that were part of SK student body the year they won the you know what. Ironically, the organization was at another fundraising event last night.
Coach Marksberry has adopted the tag line that the team that won’t be beat, can’t be beat. I like it.
If you don’t believe this time of year, you probably won’t. If you don't believe, just stay home next week.
Since Pioneer Nation travels well, what will that mean next year?
Colerain had Mister Simpson, SK has Miles who better be a candidate to really put Mister in front of his name next year.
Regardless of next week’s game, SK is the best 6A Public School in the state; I don’t think the boys are going to be content with that!
Although the stands were packed last night, let me just say it is a good thing we are a fairly rural community with a good supply of Brown Duck, Blaze Orange and Camo. I saw a lot more of that than Pioneer Blue. As we were getting geared up in the parking lot, I had to ask a couple of people if they were going to a tree stand or a bleacher. That’s OK, long live Carhartt.
How long will Coach Marksberry’s long winter nap be? Whatever it will be, it will be well deserved.
FINALLY, THIS TEAM NEEDS A NICKNAME --It started in 1948 with the Fabulous Five. There was the Fiddlin' Five in 1958, Rupp's Runts in 1966, The Unforgettables emerged in 1992 and the Untouchables from 1996. OK, so that's basketball but what do you suggest as a nickname for this team because I am not going to call Matt Neal, Jordan Wilson or Austin Baldwin Cinderella. Email me at pioneerssk@yahoo.com
SK’ win next week would be no bigger than what was pulled off in 1981. Be there; we’ll see you at the Pizza Box Tailgating.
Here you go Shelby
This is really, really cool, the band plays the fight song and lines up as the players exit the field.
Thanks to the band for being there. You guys are awesome.
We Are...
Don't bother their corner.
Repkas...you fill in the caption.
Male crowd...looked like as many kids on the field.
Pioneer Nation.....
Junkyard Dog.
AB and the Neal stop Green for a big loss.
This team has made all of Independence ....... err, Kenton County....... ummm Northern Kentucky proud. FANTASTIC JOB!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat Blog too..
Simon Kenton has improved alot and being a Varsity Cheerleader AT Simon Kenton, I'm proud of all of my boyys!!! Good luck at state boys!
ReplyDelete