Now about my girl. After enduring 4 knee surgeries in two years, Senior Lyndsay Figgins got back onto the floor tonight for her first live game basketball action since her sophomore year. I was full of shaking nerves myself; not because I was afraid she was going to get hurt, but just because I was so proud of her. I don’t mind saying that I was actually kind of emotional when she pointed to the person she was subbing for and jogged onto the court. She seemed much cooler than me but that’s her personality. Lynds had been in the game for less than a minute when a teammate spotted her behind the arc for a three pointer. She jacked it as soon as it hit her hands….It was good!! I felt so thrilled for her, not because she hit the shot but just because it was another one of her goals to get back onto the basketball floor in her senior season. Lynds would hit her next three- 3 balls on her way to 21 points for the game. The points were nice but it was just a fact that she was out there and hapy being a part of the TEAM again participating in a sport that she loves.
Congratulations Bud, you have worked harder than a lot of us will ever know and keep on pressing on towards your other goals for you and your team.
Thanks to Angelo, David, Mary, Steve, Aaron, Sharon, Brian, Joe, Kimberly, Nick, Cait, Mom, Kristen, Carrie, and Bob. You too have been quite a team.
#25 with one of her 5 bombs on the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment