Final score, 58-41, a nice win over a team that recently
beat Boone County, one of 4 teams handing SK one of their losses on the
year. SK’s record stands at 23-4 with
two games to go next week before the exciting tournament season starts. SK has a peaking Holy Cross team at home on
Senior Night next Monday and then travels to Ft. Thomas to take on Highlands in
the regular season finale. Both of these
teams are expected to contend for the 9th region title.
With not a lot of excitement in the game tonight, I feel the
need to write about something rather important; Concession Stand Food. Everyone who follows high school sports eats their
fair share. Somehow stuff that really
isn’t good- kinda taste good from the concession stand. Several schools stick out in my mind over the
years with some pretty solid offerings in the concession line; SK has always
had the best burgers, Walton has popcorn better than you can get at the movies,
Mason County has a little something of everything that is good and Scott broils
up a pretty good dog. Tonight at Cooper,
I got there right at game time and grabbed a trusty dog and pretzel from the
Cooper concession stand. I’m pretty sure
that the pretzel was left over from the boy’s game last Friday as parts of it
are still stuck right under my laryngeal prominence. The dog was a desert brown with some pink
stripes blended in; I’m still paying for that poor choice! I didn’t try the popcorn but several burnt
bags were laying on the bleachers creating that nice aroma that lingers when
leaving that bag in the Amana Radar Range too long.
Come on Jags, help a sports fan out next time.