I’m anything even resembling a volleyball guru as I’m just into my second year of watching the game from a dad’s perspective. Realizing that, I shut my mouth and hide behind the camera and learn as I go. I'll say Holy Cross was the better team today; and I stress the word today. But maybe, just maybe SK coulda/shoulda be/is the better team in a different match on a different day. We’ll get to see in a few weeks as SK gets into the teeth of their schedule.
The Neers are having a good season; actually a great season. The girls need to get that swag about them when they play a program with strong tradition like Holy Cross. Play to win; don't play not to lose. Put the pressure on your opponent and not yourselves. Step on the court with the tude that you are the team to beat and not just a team having a good season. Enough of the cliches' already. The team can look at the excitement Scott had by beating them in just one set to realize how other teams are viewing their season. Scott has had SK’s number the last several years but not this year. Girls, grab a hold of your abilities, get your goals defined and get out there and attain them. I look forward to following you to a regional title!
Here are some stats from the 5 games over the weekend:
Here are some stats from the 5 games over the weekend:
Ellie Smith 7 kills, 18 digs, 3 blocks, 5 aces
Sophia Dunn 93 assists, 5 kills, 11 digs
Kaitlin Murray 36 kills, 30 digs, 7 blocks, 7 aces
Saralyn Callahan 12 kills, 6 digs, 11 blocks, 6 aces
Haley Robinson 13 kills, 5 digs, 11 blocks, 5 aces
Samantha Eudy 15 kills, 23 digs, 3 blocks, 6 aces
Kelsey Henderson 33 digs
Nice play for point.
Too many saves that kept the offense from getting organized.
Things going better in the second set.
Not the hardware they were looking for; they played hard, just came up short.