Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Neer V-ball Team Heads South for Winner

The Lady Neer volleyball team has a very busy week that started tonight with a trip to one of the snow day champions of the state, Pendleton County.  If you’ve ever wondered why they have so many snow days, head down Route 17 to the point where it makes a 90 degree turn at Grassy Creek.  I think I made myself car sick as I headed towards Route 27 and the high school.  Fun aside, I always do enjoy the trip down to the home of the Wildcats since my mom was part of the first graduating class of Pendleton County in 1961.  Cool huh?

To the game; a great crowd turned out for the matches tonight in the toasty Wildcat den.  Unfortunately for the home folks, there are sometimes when high school teams are just over matched for each other.  That was the case tonight as all three SK teams won their matches in lopsided fashion.  I missed the frosh scores but the JV team won 21-4 and 21-3.  The Varsity girls would win 25-8, 25-4 and 25-17.  The win runs the girls record to 11-2 for the season.

The girls will host Grant County in another 32nd District/8th Region match at the Joe tomorrow night and they will travel to Lloyd on Thursday night.  This weekend, the varsity will head over to Scott for an all day tourney on Saturday. 

I ask that everyone remember Maggie McMillan in the prayers as she has knee surgery tomorrow to repair torn meniscus.  You are in good hands Mags!  You'll be back soon.
 
Likin' the old school tube socks.
DSC_6094
 
I like the pic but have no caption.
DSC_6096
Dunner with the set.
DSC_6066
Haley Robinson going up for the point.
DSC_6058
The clipboard about ready to take on the claw.
DSC_6039
 
Schmuhdee always has the best facial expressions.
DSC_6027