Thursday, September 15, 2011

2011 Homecoming Parade

What a great evening for the 2011 Homecoming parade. Sure, it was a little cool but it just felt like fall.  It was awesome to get to see everyone paying tribute tonight to Randall and Patsy Wagner and Jr. and Betty Sue Cook.  I know how much they appreciated the applause, the waves and the hometown greetings. 


Driving Randall and Patsy in the parade tonight, I heard the same things over and over; "Hey, I had her for a first grade teacher"; "that guy used to me my mailman"; "those are the people always at the SK games". There were no less than 10 people that said, there’s the real homecoming queens and kings.

Randall gave me a nice history lesson about Independence as we made our way down Main Street. At one point, Randall pointed to a house and hollered to the folks on the front porch, “ I grew up there.” “That’s where one of the first school houses in Kenton County was located.” Randall and Patsy thanked folks for coming out and apologized that they forgot candy.

It was a blast to get to be a part of the parade tonight. The Wagners and Cooks were humbled and honored to be a part of the homecoming weekend. The new Fieldhouse will be dedicated in their honor before the game tomorrow so make sure you get there on time.  I look forward to seeing a great crowd tomorrow night and giving the Cooks and Wagners a big ‘ol Pioneer standing O.

Thanks to Saralyn for the use of her ride and letting her mom drive and my good friend Jack for the use of his vert.

DSC_1574

DSC_1584

DSC_1589