The Parent Elections for SK Site Based Council will be on Wednesday April 9th from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m., 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. Any parent who will have a student at SK next year is encouraged to vote. You simply can show up at one of these times and vote. There are four people running this year for two slots.
I have served during the past year and really would appreciate your vote in order to serve in this capacity again next year. I believe that we have a great institution at SK and it is my hope that I can be there for another year to contribute to SK’s success. My children are the third generation of both sides of their family attending SK. I have a lot of pride in the school and want to see all of the students reach their fullest potential.
While I certainly stress academics as my children’s top priority, I also have encouraged them to get involved in other activities that can teach them life’s lessons not afforded to them in the classroom. I believe that it is important to foster a school environment with a host of options that allow a student to find something that interests them and to get involved with whether it is one of the clubs, sports or art programs offered through the school. A student’s bridge to college and adult life will be built on a well rounded high school curriculum with academics as the cornerstone. It is important for this council to lead and direct the school with this as the goal. There are too many negative outlets in society available for our students and children. This means it is imperative for us as leaders and parents to facilitate as many positive outlets in our schools which is why I want to be involved with this council once again.
I have been in Operations Management in the Financial Services industry for over 20 years. I approach business decisions with a common sense fact based approach. This means that it is important to have facts, but it is also important to look at resulting outcomes and apply sound common sense reasoning in decisions. This has been my guiding philosophy during my last year on the council.
I have been involved with youth in church and sports for all of my adult years. My main philosophy for dealing with youth is to make them feel good about themselves and build them up so that they believe they can accomplish anything. I have encouraged kids I have worked with to give every opportunity all their best. If they fail at something, I encourage them to learn from the experience and be a stronger and better person as a result. I have tried to instill in kids to look at the decisions they have to make and base their decisions on the factors that lead to positive future outcomes.
I appreciate anyone who casts a vote for me.
Marc Figgins,
Site Base Council Candidate, SK Blogger
No comments:
Post a Comment