Saturday, November 07, 2009

SK 49 Butler 7

I couldn't wait to get off of work tonight but I had one problem, I had no idea if the game was starting at 7pm. The Enquirer had no time listed, KHSAA had the game listed at 7pm, another website said 730pm so I show up at 655pm and had to run from Kenton Elementary just to see the opening kickoff. SK took the opening kickoff and had to settle on punting back to the Bears. The SK defense held their opponent and proceeded to drive down the field and had a first down on the Bears' four yard line. Three running plays later and SK faced a 4th and one from the one yard line. At that point I whispered to my buddy, it's going to be a pass (honestly I was just being sarcastic), next thing you know Lawrence is rolling out to the left and he spots a wide open D.J. Rabe for a TD. That was a gutsy call but this team has guts. On Butler's next drive they were very efficient and scored on a TD pass to tie the game. The fans may have been tight after witnessing that drive but the Neers weren't phased. Just like almost every other game this season, SK then went on to score 42 unanswered points. Miles ran 25 times for 217 yds and four scores. Lawrence had another solid game passing for two scores and keeping the defense honest while making some clutch runs. The defense was all over the field, playing aggressively and showing the fans from Louisville that this team is more than #30. Next week the Neers face the best 5-6 team in the state in DuPont Manual. I hope to see every familiar face from Independence inside the gates of Chlorine B Menifee Stadium, SK's biggest home game ever, show your Pioneer Pride, we are no longer the prey, we are the predator. GO SK.